Thursday, September 26

Comeback


So, it's been almost a year and a half since I last posted anything. I have no real reason for being MIA (ha ha) for so long. It just happened. Anyway, I don't really have much to say about that, except that I'm back now!

It's gotten insanely cold in Finland in the past couple of days. Joel and I were in Munich over the weekend for the Oktoberfest opening, and on Monday we left 22C and came back to 9C. I left at around 8AM yesterday morning, and my phone told me it was 1C. O-N-E!!! Brrr. I've been waiting to wear fall clothes, like my leather jacket. It was too hot to wear it before, but now I'm afraid I'm basically just going to have to skip that phase and go dig out my winter coat. My throat, head, and nose seem to be telling me so, at least...

Anyway, I wanted to share a couple of photos from Wiesn (read: Oktoberfest).


I finally bought a new dirndl. My old one has gone inexplicably missing somewhere during our last moves. All I have left is my shirt. I borrowed my mom's and Sofia's dirndls last year in the hopes that my pretty black and green bird embroidered dress would somehow turn up somewhere. I've kept my eye out for a new one, but somehow every dress seemed ugly and just not as good. We were out looking for lederhosen for Joel last Thursday when this black and pink one caught my eye. It was seriously love at first sight. I don't know if you can see in the picture, but the top has tiny little embroidered pink flowers all over it, and the rest is just plain black. The apron in these photos is actually borrowed from Sofia's dirndl, I bought one that's more of a dusted rose color the next day. It's sort of silly how excited I am over a dress that I can only wear on one occasion every year, and that probably looks hilarious to everyone not used to them. But I'm obsessed.


So, after lining up at 7.30AM on Sunday morning, we finally got our first maß just after the doors opened at 9AM. At this point the tent was still freezing cold, but it didn't take long for it to warm up. Right now, looking at these pics, I'm really regretting we only got to enjoy the atmosphere for one day this year. Maybe next year we'll be able to book a longer vacation!





No comments:

Post a Comment

English, suomi, Deutsch, svenska, 和一点汉语。